WELCOME NEW STINGRAY FAMILIES!
We are so glad you decided to join our fabulous team! Below you will find some tips that we hope will answer your questions and make it easier for you as you start on this new adventure! BUT, please always feel free to ask questions. There is usually someone around that can help you find an answer and you can also email at email@example.com.
The team website has tons of information as we go through the season. Some things to look for:
- HOME PAGE will have weekly newsletters, upcoming events such as Pep Rallies, and new important team information. TIP: if a practice is cancelled due to weather it will be posted here and you should get an email too
- SCHEDULE tab is where you will find the practice schedule for your child’s/childrens’ age group/s and meet dates. You will also find meet and team event scheduled. TIP: the schedule for May is different than the schedule starting the first Monday of June as we switch to mornings for the summer.
- MEET INFORMATION tab is where you will find Heat Sheets for each meet and official meet results. TIP: Heat Sheets are typically posted 1-2 days before each meet. If you want a copy to look at during the meet, it is simplest to print this out at home. Please be aware changes might be made during the meet but you can get a pretty good idea of your swimmers’ events and schedule this way. Official meet results are usually posted on the website within a day or so but event results are printed and posted as they are confirmed at each meet.
- Parking is limited at the Creekside pool. (4300 Brushy Creek Road, Round Rock) You can park in any open space in the lot just in front of the pool or off to the east side. There is a lot to the west side within a short walk as well. You can park across the street on the shoulder but PLEASE be careful crossing the street! Cars are moving fast on that road.
- Swimmers should bring/wear suit, goggles, swim cap, water bottle, and towel. Kickboards and other practice equipment will be provided by the team.
- Please be sure to check Family Folders. Each family has a folder in one of the file boxes that are brought to practices. The folders are arranged in alphabetical order by family last name. After each meet, any ribbons won your swimmer/s will be put here so that you can pick up.
- Meets typically start 7:00-7:30 am and run until 1-2 pm. The website will have the check-in time listed for each meet. This is the time that your swimmer/s need to check-in with their respective tent parent. At that time, they will confirm their events and will write them in sharpie on their arm. This makes it easier for the Ready Bench to get all the swimmers lined up for events. Most swimmers will swim 3 individual events and 1-2 relay events.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Healthy snacks and lots of water to stay hydrated (there are concessions at each meet but having your own stash is a good idea)
- Cash for concessions
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Swimsuit (swimmers typically come in their suit), goggles and swim cap,
- EXTRA goggles and swim cap, towel
- Activities for the kiddos to do in between events (ideas might include: coloring books, card games or other similar games, simple craft activities, etc…)
- Foldable chairs, blankets, pillows, and quilts for ground coverage.
- Family Canopy (optional) Most swimmers will hang out in their age group tent for a good portion of the meet but you can bring a family canopy to spare yourself from the sun.
WHAT TO DO:
- Look for the Stingray “tent city” and find the age level tent you need (signs are posted on each canopy)
- Check your swimmer in with your tent parent and get your swimmer(s) settled.
- Set up your own area for the day
- Check in for your volunteer position at the Volunteer table. (We cannot run these meets without parent volunteers. We required that each family volunteer and ALL help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!)
- Swimmers will start warming up about a half hour after check in time.
- Coaches will direct them on what they need to do.
- Meets start with the National Anthem followed by Relays. Follow along with your heat sheet so you can watch your swimmer race and cheer them on!
EXTRA TIP: If you are volunteering when your swimmer is scheduled to race, just let someone in your area know and you can go watch. We want everyone to get to see their swimmers in the water!
ENJOY THE DAY AND THE WHOLE SEASON!
Your Stingray Board